- Design of mechanical infrastructure which includes abstraction works, pump station piping and associated equipment.
- Preparing tender documents as a basis for construction.
- Reviewing technical submissions.
- Working collaboratively with other design departments.
- Supporting other project managers and directors within the business.
- Keeping up to date with environmental matters and being aware of policy and developments in this area.
- Presenting technical data or project results to both technical and non-technical Clients and Colleagues.
- Monitoring the progress of projects from start to finish – from the feasibility stage to basic and detail design, through to construction and handover.
- Controlling and managing budgets at project level.
- Incumbent is expected to carry out site supervision of construction works for short and sometimes long durations on sites as follows.
- Ensuring compliance with design/specifications and standards
- Ensuring compliance with project programme and all knowledge areas
- Attending site meetings
- Preparing reports
- Issuing of Site Instructions (SI)
- Attending to Requests for Information (RFIs) from the contractor
- Liaising with the Head Office in all cases while contacting site activities
- Do any ad-hoc office or site duties as assigned by the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
- BEng Honours in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years Professional Registration with ECSA
- 10 + years’ experience after graduation
- A valid Driver’s license
- The incumbent will be required to travel within South Africa and SADC where South Zambesi is operating.
- Knowledge of Design Compliance standards ACT, Labour Relations Act, Employment Equity Act, Fluid Design Software, CAD.
- Ability to take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Ability to be an active and participating team member, able to transfer skills to others to achieve business objectives in all circumstances
- Ability to troubleshoot and strategize to meet the long-term vision of the company.
- Problem solver and target driven individual.
- Ability to deliver required results while working in a high-pressure environment.
If you are not contacted as a short-listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are requested to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s license (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Advert Reference No: SZ-Snr ME
Completed applications can be e-mailed to the recruitment email address below by the indicated closing date.