Senior Control and Instrumentation Engineer
22nd March 2022
Fixed Term Contract
As a Control and Instrumentation Engineer you will be leading the Control and Instrumentation aspect on several turnkey projects throughout African Continent. You will be required to give control specific insight at the conceptual stage of projects to allow for accurate budgeting and project planning. You will also be required to assess existing processing plants and software to successfully offer clients solutions to their automation needs.
• Provide technical consulting services to our customers
• Produce and integrates engineering solutions/designs for assert creation on behalf of customers at various stages of project life cycle.
• Candidate must have experience on the following:
o Familiar with programmable logic controllers (PLC) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems with ability to execute the programming
o Development of process flow diagrams (PFD) and preliminary piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
o Development of:
- BOQs and Specifications
- I/O Lists
- Panel GA’s
- C&I Load studies
- Cable Schedules
- RIO Placement Drawings
- Instrument Datasheets
- Network Architecture (PLC/SCADA/RIO’s/)/ LV and MV Starters)
- Typicals For Instrument Drawings (@Andries S) 50%
- Complete system Design including Network drawings and fibre routing designs
- Loop drawings
- Connection drawings
- Cable Block Diagrams
- Termination Schedules
- Comprehensive Design reports
o Preparation of construction documents (drawings and specifications) for water systems
o Construction management or field engineering experience for water systems
o Design and layout of plant control systems
o Takes initiative to resolve on site problems
o Staying current on the latest instrumentation, control, telecommunication, and security equipment (hardware and software) with the goal to serve as the “company expert” on this equipment and identify those technologies which are best to use and recommend to our clients.
- Operations of pumping equipment, dosing pumps and large pumping units
- Water Purification and treatment processes
- Full knowledge and understanding of the standard abbreviations and international symbols
- Full understanding of Control and
- Instrumentation National and
- International Standards
- Design compliance standards.
- Design of pumping systems
- Project Management
- Operation of pumping systems
- Society of Automation (ISA); and their proper use.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE / minimum requirements
• B.Sc. or BEng in Electrical Engineering
• PrEng (ECSA Registered as a professional Engineer)
• Minimum 10 yrs. Experience
• Knowledge of Employee Equity Act, Labour Relations Act, OHS Act
• Software: Computer literate
o Fluid design software
o Computer literate
o Wire shark
o Ladder Logic
o HMI Configuration
• Regular inter-provincial and continental site visits
• Reports to HOD: EMC&I
• Valid Driver’s license is essential.
• Salary: To be negotiated
•The ability to plan and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines is fundamental, as well as effective time management of workflow to meet deadlines. The ability to work without Management direction, use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork is critical.
• Able to take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
• Able to troubleshoot and strategize to meet the long-term vision of the company.
• The ability to see details at close range/Attention to details
• The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern
• Oral and written comprehension and expression
• Time management essential
• Performance driven
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good leadership
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
• Problem solving
• Analytical skills, computer literacy
• Process Control
• Instrumentation Infrastructure
• Project Management Skills
• Computer literate
• Mentoring and coaching
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders
• Entrepreneurial mind set
• Financial management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Interpreting Loop Diagram
• Interpretation Single Line Diagram
If you are not contacted as a short-listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Closing Date: 29 July 2022
Advert Reference No: Snr C&I
Completed applications can be hand-delivered or emailed to the address below by the indicated closing date.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful