• Communicating and coordination across departments and managers to ensure on time delivery targets and coat targets are achieved.
• Ensuring that the site has the necessary manpower, competence, skills, knowledge, plant and tooling required in order to achieve production targets.
• Resolve technical issues with construction team to develop and implement preventative measures to avoid re-occurrences.
• Ensure company compliance with relevant engineering statutory regulations
• Implementation of risk management system. Identification and mitigation of risks.
• Management oversight of quality management systems and price of non-conformance. Ensure accurate record keeping.
• Work in an integrated manner with the design team in South Africa on design matters
• Coordinating with the procurement department to ensure that material and sub-contractors are procured cost effectively and suitable to meet construction requirements.
• Take ultimate responsibility for the financial viability of the project.
• The role carries direct managerial responsibility for the contract managers assigned to you.
• Professional Technical Registration with the Applicable Overseeing Authority as an Engineer or Technologist is compulsory (ECSA and/or ERB)
• Project Management Qualifications and Registration with SACPCMP and ACPM will be advantageous
• 18 + years’ experience after graduation of which 5 + years of site experience in similar positions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Projects and other Microsoft Office programs
• In-depth knowledge of construction methods in the field of large civil engineering projects involving large diameter pipelines
• In-depth understanding of the commercial functioning of a civil engineering construction company including procurement processes and timeous identification of profit and loss situations
• Target driven individual
• Ability to deliver required results while work under continuous pressure in remote locations
If you are not contacted as a short-listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are requested to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s license (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Completed applications can be hand- delivered or e-mailed to the recruitment email address below by the indicated closing date.