- Ascertain quality and timely generation of projects designs, reports, cost estimates as may be required by management
- Design, Reporting and Project Management of projects in infrastructural services to meet projects objectives
- Preparation of proposals, tender and contract documents for all projects
- Incumbent is expected to carry out site supervision of construction works for project durations on sites as follows;
- Ensuring compliance with design/specifications and standards
- Ensuring compliance with programme and all knowledge areas
- Attending site meetings
- Preparing reports
- Provide guidance and training in design and construction skills and such other as necessary to Engineers, Technicians and operators under the projects.
- Do any ad-hoc office duties as assigned by the Director Project Management
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Required to monitor the Contractor’s progress on site and keeps in contact with the clients via the Project Leader
- Refer significant queries on design or any engineering matters to the Heads of Engineering together with approval of materials and alternative design proposals
- Ensure that the design specifications that may have relevance to future designs are brought to the attention of the Engineer
- To apply relevant and applicable clauses of Conditions of Contract to the project
- Liaise with the Contract Site Agent with regards to all aspects of the work
- Ensure that the contractor and the staff understand the obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Assist with Environmental Management of the contractor’s work
- Communicate with the public via a Community Liaison Officer and report to the Engineer when necessary
- Attends and / or chairs formal site meetings with contractor or client
- Prepare and draft minutes of Technical and Site Meetings and submit them
- Maintain a site diary
- Manage material testing on – site and off – site
- Issues site instructions to the contractor
- Plans and programmes diversion traffic and relocation of services
- Monitors progress as per approved construction programme and negotiates rectification of delays and work not scheduled
- Checks and certifies monthly payment certificates for payment by the client
- Agrees on measurement of quantities with sub – contractors
- Maintains a costing system to monitor costs to date and the project final contract value
- Prepares Variation Orders for approval by the Engineer.
- Assist the Engineer and Quantity Surveyor with the preparation of a list of outstanding works for the progression to Completion Certificates
- Arrange the completion of “as built” drawings and Construction Reports
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with international standards and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Incumbent to motivate the construction team as desired by the management
- Delegate work effectively to the construction team and sub-contractors.
- Promote participation of all staff members in presenting and compiling reports within the department to develop team dynamics
- Can make on-site decisions in consultation with the contracts manager
- Can facilitate discussions between various stakeholders as delegated by the Contracts Manager or Directors
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Ensure that employees operate within ISO standards
- Ensure correct filing and signing of documents as well as necessary approvals are obtained from clients and service providers
- To be aware of the chain of custody of documents
- Excellent report writing skills and editing
- Ability to produce reports and execute the assigned duties in time
- Can draw up a site construction budget.
- Can ensure project budgets are adhered to.
- To operate efficiently and make economically sound decisions on all projects
- Maintain knowledge on professional rates and fees
- Ensure three quote system is employed to have comparative costing procedures
- Degree in Engineering,
- Professional project management qualification
- Minimum of 10(ten) years in civil engineering construction & project management experience
- Staff management and relevant labour legislation
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of relevant company policies, processes and procedures
- Computer skills with a good knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word,Ms Projects,and Design software.
- Experience with WTP,Water Retaining Pumpstaions,Resevoirs and Pipeline.
- Valid Driver’s license is essential
- Salary: To be negotiated
- Can take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Can lead and supervise a team in order to achieve business objectives in all circumstances.
- Can troubleshoot and strategize in order to meet the long-term vision of the company.
- Can coordinate and guide the project team.
- Can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Can work under pressure.
If you are not contacted as a short listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Closing Date: 13th February 2023
Advert Reference No: KC-SnrCM
Completed applications can be emailed to the recruitment email address below by the indicated closing date.
Khato Civils is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, pregnancy or maternity, gender re-assignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, age, race or disability.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful