- Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted on site by the contractor
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines and other characteristics of terrain as required by individual projects
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions to describe , certify, and assume liability for work performed
- Conduct and record the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimension of land or land features and submit in the formats required by the engineers to conduct their designs
- Establish fixed points for making use in making maps, using geodetic or engineering instruments
- Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures to suit specific project requirements
- Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments
- Do any ad-hoc office duties as assigned by the Senior Land Surveyor
- BSc (Surveying), BTech (Surveying) degree or equivalent
- Must be professionally registered with relevant Professional Bodies as a PLS (Professional Surveyor)
- Minimum 5 years in engineering land surveying, directly related to construction of municipal services
- Design compliance standards
- Must be proficient with MS Office, MS Project, Model maker and any other relevant design software
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Sound knowledge and understanding engineering and labour law.
- Can take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Can negotiate, influence and persuade stakeholders in projects to achieve positive solutions to any challenges which may arise
- Can troubleshoot and strategize in order to meet the long-term vision of the company.
- The ability to see details at close range
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern
- Deductive reasoning- the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Oral and written comprehension and expression
If you are not contacted as a short listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Closing Date: 20th February 2023
Advert Reference No: KC-ES
Completed applications can be emailed to the recruitment email address below by the indicated closing date.
Khato Civils is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, pregnancy or maternity, gender re-assignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, age, race or disability.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful