- All mechanical engineering works and associated equipment throughout the construction phase, ensuring compliance with design/specifications and standards
- Providing mechanical engineering specific insight at the conceptual stage of projects to allow for accurate budgeting and project planning.
- Inspection and assessment of work streams on the plant and ensuring that construction is done according to specifications.
- Providing feedback to the design office on any design problems and assisting the contractor to resolve problems on site.
- Full capability in understanding Mechanical/Piping design of infrastructure related primarily to water and wastewater treatment plants (process plants) – 3D process plant modelling
- Full capability in understanding and interpretation of process and instrumentation diagrams.
- Working collaboratively with other engineering disciplines in resolving coordination issues on site.
- Compiling method statements for construction activities
- Attend site meetings.
- To be aware of the chain of custody of documents/drawings.
- Do any ad-hoc office or site duties as assigned by the HOD/ Project Manager.
- Keeping up to date with environmental matters and being aware of policy and developments in this area.
- Presenting technical data or project results to both technical and non-technical Clients and Colleagues.
- Monitoring the progress of project from start to commissioning.
- Ensuring compliance with project programme and all knowledge areas
- Execution of Site Instructions (SI)
- Submitting Requests for Information (RFIs)
- B Tech (Mechanical engineering), Professionally registered with ECSA or ERB as Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with min of 5 years in Water Treatment Works.
- Knowledge of Design standards
- Extremely proficient with Ms Office and Ms Projects.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Redlining of drawings on site.
- Ability be an active and participating team member, able to transfer skills to others to achieve business objectives in all circumstances
- Be diligent, punctual and have a strong sense of detailing
- Ability to troubleshoot construction issues and propose solutions.
- Problem solver and target driven individual.
- Ability to deliver required results while working in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
If you are not contacted as a short-listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are requested to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s license (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Advert Reference No: SZ-RE-ME21
Completed applications can be e-mailed to the recruitment email address below by the indicated closing date.