09 May 2022
Project Based Contract
The position is responsible for maintaining of quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products, recording quality results.
- Monitoring all activities and materials of construction in accordance with the approved drawings and specifications.
- Preparation of request for inspections with all necessary attachments.
- Coordinating with the construction engineers and client inspectors for clearing designated inspections (Hold and Witness Points).
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Preparing and resolving site work queries with client.
- Preparing test schedules, frequency of test and sampling related to approved Quality control program
- Raising non- conformance reports for any violation.
- Remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications
- Co-coordinating with client for clearing log book entries and closing NCR copies with proposed corrective actions.
- Preparing vendors evaluation report on the basis of their quality, delivery, price and response.
- Marking various types of field changes on drawings.
- Preparing daily inspection reports on field activities.
- Quality field such as: soil testing & compaction prior to concrete pouring for load bearing and non- load bearing foundations.
- Follow up all quality functions as per approved quality records, inspection typical test plan, check list etc.
- Preparing weekly and bi-weekly inspection look ahead schedules and Inspection reports.
- Conduct inspection on all materials received at site and ensure materials to be used confirming to contract plans and specifications.
Effectively ensure contracts comply with all quality requirements
- Ensure site systems and procedures comply with all relevant management system
- Ensure required standards are in place on all national and international constructions sites
- Ensure legislation is complied with on all national and international sites
- Conduct required site training to support core competency and skills development
Effectively ensure the implementation and administration of all required QA/QC standards
- Implement and maintain required quality systems to support the company’s quality strategies
- Ensure sites comply with all standards set by Khato
- Accurately and timeously generate required quality reports
- Provide assistance to line mangers to ensure the department’s quality requirements are met:
- Standard documentation always provided
- Best operating practices clearly spelt out
- Training in the philosophy, policies and practice of quality management
- Plan and meet all managers’ requests for quality training
- Ensure ongoing compliance with ISO 9001/200 standards
- Maintain an accurate control over all documentation, data and records
- Maintain an accurate control over all internal audit schedules and reports
Effectively schedule site and project compliance audits
- Schedule regular project and site quality audits
- Manage all site quality control procedures
- Ensure site quality systems and processes comply with all standards and requirements
- Ensure site contractors comply with all quality standards and requirements
- Accurately communicate audit findings to the QA Manager, Contracts Manager, Site Agent
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001/2000 requirements and standards
Effectively attend all SHEQ meetings
- Attend site quality meetings and play an active role in promoting and implementing quality assurance
- Ensure meeting agendas are relevant and address all critical quality issues
- Use meetings to reinforce the need to comply with all QA management systems and requirements
- Report all internal and external customer concerns and complaints to the QA Manager
- Ensure accurate minutes are taken
- Follow up on all minuted action required
Effectively develop and sustain excellent client relationships
- Attend all client site quality meetings
- Ensure all client quality concerns and problems are effectively dealt with within two weeks of being reported
- Carefully monitor non-conformance with client requirements through consistent and accurate monitoring of work-in-progress and related quality control requirements
- Use all client-interaction as platforms to promote the department’s and company’s commitment to upholding required legislation and QC standards
Effectively co-ordinate QA and QC site staff
- Continuously evaluate and monitor site quality control
- Ensure site quality standards and systems are in place
- Ensure regular Internal Audits are conducted to evaluate systems procedures
- Continuously monitor clients’ satisfaction with site quality control
- Generate accurate interim reports for the QA Manager
Effectively manage site quality control inspections
- Ensure appointed/responsible staff conduct accurate on-site inspections to maintain quality standards
- Ensure required quality control checks are carried out on all goods and materials delivered to sites
- Ensure all deliveries match orders and specifications
- Ensure documentation for manufactured items meet all specifications
- Closely monitor inspections conducted by site agents and engineers to ensure manufactured items comply with specifications
Effective self -management
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Escalate identified problems to relevant manager
- Promote harmony and teamwork
- Promote sharing of knowledge through informal and formal channels
- Apply knowledge of the organisational systems, structures, policies and procedures to achieve strategic objectives
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership for driving own career development
- Manage own development (skills and knowledge)
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Communicate effectively, maintaining relationships
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE / minimum requirements
- National Higher Dip., B. Tech, B/ in Mechanical preferable (or Civil Engineering with Mechanical engineering exposure) and Quality Management certifications will be advantageous
- ISO 9001 Implementation/Auditing certification
- Minimum 5 to 10 years Mechanical/civil inspection from which 5 years must be Mechanical experience in similar projects or major construction industries including infrastructure projects (reservoirs and WTP)
- Good knowledge of NDT techniques
- Excellent computer skills
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and drawings
- Able to use measuring equipment (callipers, micrometres etc.).
- Pay attention to detail.
- Be able to make decisions and be a team player
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal effectiveness in face of challenge
- Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, energy, and motivation
- To work and monitor quality on specialised subcontractors
If you are not contacted as a short-listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Closing Date: 29 July 2022
Advert Reference No: KC-QA/QC
Completed applications can be hand-delivered or emailed to the address below by the indicated closing date.
Khato Civils and South Zambezi Engineering Services is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, pregnancy or maternity, gender re-assignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, age, race or disability.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful