- Plans, organizes, and implements inventory operations and procedures; supervises Physical Inventory Count.
- Provides proper accounting for year-end-adjustment to General Ledger.
- Reviews daily inventory activity; maintains accurate inventory master files, manufacturer and catalog numbers, minimums and material descriptions.
- Remains current on new and obsolete materials.
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory stock.
- Reviews receiving records, maintains receiving records on file until invoice is received.
- Reconciles invoices with correct receiving record, then forwards both to the procurement.
- Reviews purchase order requests and compares expenditures with budget appropriations; prepares and reviews monthly Capital Budget reports.
- Researches vendor, pricing, and manufacturer information; inputs all required data to initiate all requisitions and purchase orders.
- Prepares re-order reports with quantities required for inventory stock and forwards to procurement for pricing/ordering.
- Receives copies of work order pre-pull materials lists and reviews for coordination.
- Coordinates all other site formal bid documents.
- Creates Inventory Master files for site.
- Completes capital projects as assigned.
- Expedites inventory and non-inventory materials orders, including tracking and follow-up on back orders.
- Negotiates terms with suppliers.
- Participates in the evaluation of various company -associated materials.
- Arranges demonstrations of new products.
- Issues supplies, materials and equipment to employees.
- Receives delivered supplies, materials and equipment from suppliers as well as re-stocks and inspects items returned into inventory.
- Organizes and maintains warehouse and inventory yard areas for efficient material storage and handling, including labelling, stocking and organizing stock items on shelving.
- Operates indoor and heavy duty outdoor forklifts and other necessary vehicles and equipment involved with issuing and stocking materials.
- Provides and communicates dispatch delivery of materials and equipment to site.
- Works closely with the procurement in all aspects of materials functions.
- BCom degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- 10 years’ experience handling procurement, purchasing, and inventory, preferably in engineering environment.
- With 4 years of supervisory and management experience.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain Management policies and procedures.
- Valid Driver’s License is essential.
- General knowledge of cost effective inventory principles and management; knowledge
and experience in Planning and Managing Warehouse Operations.
- General knowledge of utility operations, budgeting and review techniques, to
include uniform system of accounts.
- General knowledge of standard safety practices and procedures relating to
operations and equipment.
- Skill in the operation of the calculator and PC computer.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with line team,
suppliers and client representatives.
- Ability to effectively manage time and project priorities.
- Ability to administer and supervise; exercise judgement in appraising situations and in
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and suppliers.
If you are not contacted as a short listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Closing Date: 28 February 2023
Advert Reference No: KC-MS
Completed applications can be emailed to the recruitment email address below by the indicated closing date.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful