The successful candidate’s background and training will contribute to an ever changing environment where high performance is valued and high potential individuals are recognized.
- Defines the civil list of activities, list of deliverables and their dates of issue in accordance with contract requirements and time schedule
- Issues the civil design philosophies and update applicable general specifications
- Prepares and performs the civil design review
- Attends inter-discipline design reviews and coordination meetings
- Manages and is the technical reference for civil works engineers, designers and draftsmen
- Controls and signs of all civil deliverables
- Controls and manages subcontracted activities.
- Ensures the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillment of the project quality requirements, the contractual obligations and Company HSE commitments
- Takes any corrective action within civil group necessary for this purpose
- Reports to project PEM and to civil head of department whenever required
- Controls and reports civil design activities progress
- Calculates and monitors performance indicators
- Co-ordinates with other discipline specialists and obtains input necessary to perform the civil design
- Takes care of any modification of contract scope and issues trend notices when necessary
- Issues the REX (feedback dossier) at the end of project engineering phase
- Bsc or BEng in Civil Engineering Degree or similar is mandatory
- Must be professionally registered with ECSA as Pr. Eng.
- Minimum 15 years work experience, 10 of which must be as a design engineer for the for the following knowledge areas:
o Hydraulic design of bulk pipeline transfer schemes,
o Surge Analysis & Mitigation
o Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Designs
o Water & Wastewater Pump Stations Designs
o Bulk Earthworks Optimisation for Platforms & Geometric Road design
- Knowledge and experience in international PMC contracts related to the development and execution EPC Contracts.
- Knowledge and experience in international Projects related to development and execution EPC Contracts
- Must have a sound knowledge of the civil engineering field including design of water infrastructure and Waste Water Treatment works/plant.
- Proven track record in management and leadership within a consulting firm. Experience working elsewhere in Africa will be an advantage.
- Salary Negotiable
- Is able to take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Is able to lead and supervise a team in order to achieve business objectives in all circumstances.
- Is able to negotiate, influence and persuade stakeholders in projects to achieve positive solutions to any challenges which may arise.
- Is able to troubleshoot and strategize in order to meet the long-term vision of the company.
- Legal knowledge of Employee Equity Act, Labour Relations Act, OHS Act, Design and specification compliance standards in the SA and elsewhere. FIDIC and Colto contract documentation
- Knowledge of software MS Office, MS Project, Civil design software and project management.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Ensure that employees operate within ISO standards
- Ensure correct filing and signing of documents as well as necessary approvals are obtained from clients and service providers
- To be aware of the chain of custody of documents/drawings
- Is able to draw up a departmental budget
- Is able to ensure project budgets are adhered to
- To operate efficiently and make economically sound decisions on all projects
- Ensure fairness in procurement
If you are not contacted as a short listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Closing Date: 17th June 2022
Advert Reference No: SZ-HOD ROADS
Completed applications can be emailed to the recruitment email address below by the indicated closing date.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful