- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with international standards and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure that all employees are supplied with the relevant tools required to perform jobs
- Formulate systems for smooth running of the Roads Engineering department to enable synergy and coherence
- Design, Reporting and Project Management of projects in Roads Engineering field to meet projects objectives (Water, Sewer, Roads).
- Preparation of proposals, tender and contract documents for the services mentioned above
- Incumbent is expected to carry out site supervision of construction works for short durations on sites as follows;
- Do any ad-hoc office duties as assigned by the executive. Incumbent to motivate the team in the Roads Engineering Department to work and produce results as desired by the management
- Delegate work effectively to the team in the Roads Engineering department.
- Assign tasks to staff according to their skills and ability, that must be SMART ( Specific, Measurable, Achievable realistic and Timebound )
i. Ensuring compliance with design/specifications and standards
ii. Ensuring compliance with programme and all knowledge areas
iii. Attending site meetings
iv. Preparing reports
- BEng (Civil), or equivalent degree.
- Must be professionally registered with ECSA as PrEng. Must have a sound knowledge of the road engineering field including design of roads, traffic and transportation engineering, road pavement design, road safety assessments, drainage design, road signage design as well as contract procurement and documentation. An understanding of road concessions and road tolling will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 20 years in engineering design and management.
- Proven track record in management and leadership within a consulting firm. Experience working elsewhere in Africa will be an advantage.
- Salary Negotiable
- Start: 01st July 2021.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Ensure that employees operate within ISO standards
- Ensure correct filing and signing of documents as well as necessary approvals are obtained from clients and service providers
- To be aware of the chain of custody of documents/drawings
- Is able to draw up a departmental budget
- Is able to ensure project budgets are adhered to
- To operate efficiently and make economically sound decisions on all projects
- Ensure fairness in procurement
If you are not contacted as a short listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Advert Reference No: SZ-HOD ROADS
Completed applications can be e-mailed to the recruitment email address below by the indicated closing date.