- Accurately implement drawings and specifications for the trades or areas under the Foreman’s responsibility
- Plan and utilise resources and materials to ensure the achievement of maximum output efficiencies to meet production and time targets
- Undertake timeous filing of latest drawings taking care that all superseded information is destroyed
- Record information, including personnel, production and operational data on the specified forms and reports
- Undertake a detailed setting out of the works from an established grid
- Maintain and transfer datum lines
- Maintain gridlines and benchmarks
- Daily, complete Quality Assurance checklists ensuring specifications are met
- Timeously submit checklists to the Site Agent/Contract Manager
- Immediately react to non-conformance reports
- Manage and control wastage of materials
- Continuously ensure and maintain compliance with company and legal requirements for site safety
- On a daily basis inspect cleanliness and general housekeeping
- Daily sign off that all activities under their control is completed, the site has been cleaned and left in a safe and secure state
- Assign work to employees ensuring that the relevant materials and equipment is available
- Continuously examine and inspect work progress of subordinates and sub-contractors for:
- Adherence to drawing and specifications
- Dimensional accuracy
- Cleanliness and good house keeping
- Co-ordinate sub-contract activities in terms of an agreed sequence and prevent out of sequence works or the overlapping of trades in restricted areas.
- Report any breakdowns, work stoppages or any other obstruction preventing works to proceed to the Site Agent/Contract Manager.
- Monitor and manage performance of subordinate staff in compliance with the Performance Management policy and processes
- Mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance and to enhance likelihood of career growth in subordinate staff
- Practise sound labour relations within the approved conditions of service with regard to staff including but not limited to:
- Maintaining Discipline
- Assisting the Site Agent/Contract Manager in resolving employee grievances and welfare requirements
- Ensure compliance of subordinate staff to company policies, procedures and practices
- Maintain a critical mass of staff ensuring effective staff retention
- Establish a positive work context for subordinate staff to build motivation and team spirit
Ensure plant and equipment are correctly applied, serviced and maintained
- Trade Certificate/Diploma
- At least 5 years’ experience in construction, engineering and built environment.
- Knowledge of construction processes and applicable trades
- Relevant experiences in WTP, water retaining structures, and pipeline.
- Be able to read and interpret drawings.
- Setting out and labelling. Knowledge of materials, plant and equipment.
- Knowledge of site materials systems.
- Staff supervision and basic knowledge of IR.
- Knowledge of Safety requirements and health systems.
- Knowledge Construction regulation and Legal liability.
- Registration with a recognised professional body will be an advantage.
- A valid Driver’s licence.
- Proficient in Ms Programmes.
- Excellent Communications skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Numerical orientation
- Planning skills
- Problem solving
- Conflict management
- Leveraging diversity
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
Ability to delegate
If you are not contacted as a short listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Closing Date: 28 February 2023
Advert Reference No: KC-WTP
Completed applications can be emailed to the recruitment email address below by the indicated closing date.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful