15 April 2022
Accurate setting out of concrete and steel structures to meet project objectives.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted on site by the contractor.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed
- Read construction drawings and Calculate setting out data heights, depths, relative positions of construction lines.
- Setting out the positions of structures, earthworks, roads, and pipelines in line with approved and latest revised construction drawings.
- Prepare sketches and drawings to show as-built data of finished construction infrastructure.
- Conduct detailed topographical surveys of and draw plans and drawings to show detail of existing infratrucure for design purposes.
- Establish and maintain a network of survey control points for use as reference benchmarks for setting out.
- Calculate quantities earthworks quantities and blasted rock.
- Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures to suit specific project requirements
- Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments
- Do any ad-hoc office duties as assigned by the Senior Land Surveyor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE / minimum requirements
- BSc (Surveying), BTech (Surveying) degree or equivalent
- Must be professionally registered with SAGC as a PrES (Professional Engineering Surveyor) or TgES (Technologists Engineering Surveyor).
- Minimum 5 years in engineering surveying, directly related to construction of municipal services
- Design compliance standards
- Must be proficient with MS Office, MS Project, Model maker and any other relevant design software
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Sound knowledge and understanding engineering and labour law.
- Can take decisions and demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Can negotiate, influence and persuade stakeholders in projects to achieve positive solutions to any challenges which may arise
- Can troubleshoot and strategize in order to meet the long-term vision of the company.
- The ability to see details at close range
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern
- Deductive reasoning- the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Oral and written comprehension and expression
If you are not contacted as a short-listed candidate within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Candidates are invited to submit a CV together with copies of certificates/driver’s licence (no original certificates). Applications that are received without copies of required documentation will not be considered.
Closing Date: 29 July 2022
Advert Reference No: SZ-LS
Completed applications can be hand-delivered or emailed to the address below by the indicated closing date.
Khato Civils is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, pregnancy or maternity, gender re-assignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, age, race or disability.
NB: We may not be able to respond to all individual applications, therefore if you have not received a response within sixty days from the date of submission kindly consider your application unsuccessful